Sunday, January 08, 2006

Cellulitis is NOT cellulite

CELLULITIS IS NOT CELLULITE

OK, so I am going to take a minute and express a pet peeve of mine.

In this blog world that I am new too, I found found there is an overwhelming amount of bad and/or fraudulent information.

Cellulitis is a serious, potentially life threatening bacterial infection. I have endured many massive infections throughout my life and have had complications and problems as a result. The infection can even lead to amputation of a limb, gangrene or death.

Cellulite is a fat condition and is totally unrelated.

As a person who has experienced cellulitis, I consider it fraud and internet abuse for these cellulite blogspots to spam the internet trying to capture readers by connecting the two words.

It is a shame they have such a lack of integrity.

1 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Blogger Pat O'Connor said...

Hi Susan

Appreciated your note and it's so encouraging to hear a fellow lymphedemer who has a good team of doctors.

I've been blessed with that as well and really credit my infectious disease doc with my still being around.

Best to Ya!!

Pat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home